Call for Artists
ReMIX: The Art of Reuse
Exhibition Dates: August 20 – September 16, 2016
In today’s culture of abundance we are plagued with left overs and waste. As a society we create more garbage than any generation before us. And the question nags, what shall we do with all that stuff? ReMIX is an exhibition of art made from all that stuff, highlighting artists who create new works from items and materials that had a previous function. Their act of upcycling re-purposed materials is a kind of contemporary alchemy, transforming the seemingly worthless into objects worthy of our gaze.
ReMIX is juried by Ron Copeland. Ron Copeland is a Pittsburgh based artist originally from Canton, OH. He considers himself a self-taught artist but his graphic design studies at Kent State are a clear influence on his work. He has become well known for radiant lamps made from recycled plexi-glass and assemblages constructed from discarded wood. His interests have focused on salvaging materials from abandoned spaces of the Rust Belt region. Taking fragments of what remains of houses or buildings he recreates the space of a life left behind. He has shown his work nationally and is represented by Borelli-Edwards Gallery in Pittsburgh, PA and Galerie F in Chicago, IL.
This exhibition is in conjunction with the ReNEW Festival. Find out more about Pittsburgh's ReNEW Festival.
Submission fee: $25
Submission Deadline: July 16, 2016
Artist Notification: July 30, 2016
Art works that are made from more than 50% reused materials
Open to artist who reside in the continental United States
1. Email 4 images to firstname.lastname@example.org as attachments.
2. The subject line of the email should state: ReMIX Exhibition
3. Label images with your initials_submission number_title of work: example:EM_1_TheScream.jpeg
4. In the body of the email include: Artist's Name, Address, Phone number, Email, and a list of works including: submission number, title of work, size, medium, year, price.
5. Pay $25.00 submission fee via paypal by clicking on the button below.
Event Dates: December 2 - 11, 2016
Sweetwater is currently seeking artists for Holiday mART 2016. Holiday mART is a fundraising event where we transform our center into a holiday boutique, selling of one-of-a-kind items including ceramics, glass, jewelry, fiber arts, ornaments, home décor, children’s gifts, pet gifts, stationary, photography, fine art & more!
Holiday mART is in its 22nd year and has a wide and loyal audience with multiple special events that increase customer attendance.
There is no table fee. Artists do not have to attend the sale, allowing the flexibility to participate in other sales during this busy buying season. Sweetwater retains 30% of sales. Holiday mART is a juried event.
We would love to add your artwork to Holiday mART!
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 15, 2016
1. Fill out the Holiday mART submission form.
2. Email images and the completed submission form to email@example.com
3. Lable the images as stated on submission form.
4. The subject line of the email should be Holiday mART submission.
5. Pay submission fee by clicking the button below.
Sweetwater Gallery Policies: Sweetwater retains 40% of gallery sales; We have a height limitation of 7.5 feet on 2D work; The artist is responsible for transport/shipment of artwork; All submission fees are non-refundable; We do not have size specifications on images you send for submission, please be reasonable! We want to see them, but not have them break the inbox; PLEASE follow instructions for submission carefully, we retain the right to not consider your work if instructions are not followed.